Friday, December 29, 2006

Further adventures in displacement

My Christmas was lovely, thanks, and courtesy of a very generous Santa Claus I have many excellent new amusements to tide me over till my birthday. I won't bore you with the details but I am now the proud bearer of a certain glorious Eddie Izzard DVD and I have new black pumps to match.

I have surprised myself with my ability to re-adjust to both the time zone and to general American life. London, it must be noted, is not particularly exotic but I wasn't sure I was going to be able to walk into Wal Mart ever again. The draw of cheap Icees was too strong for me to resist, however.

I will be returning very soon to the Land of the Scones but first I have to curl up and die write another paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home