Friday, December 15, 2006

You can take the girl out of London but the only London you can take out of the girl takes the form of black snot

So I made it out of my seven hour flight alive, though insanely jealous of the first class elite who had seats that could recline flat while I was packed against the window next to two giant men (though giant in different directions). And have you ever noticed how much men like to sit with their legs as far apart as possible? As if my personal space issues were not being challenged enough, turns out I'm not such a huge fan of having to monitor thigh contact but it's kind of necessary when your seat is about a foot wide. Also, British Airways, would you mind mixing up the veg meal option? All vegetarian plane food seems to involve cheese, tomato sauce, and pasta, and the words "cannelloni" or "tortellini." Karma was watching out for me, however, as I did take special pleasure in receiving and finishing my meal before Splayed Legs Man.

I also find it a bit ridiculous that, having stepped out into the cool Boston night, I took a deep breath and exclaimed "I forgot what clean air smelled like!" Though truth be told, Boston is no Los Angeles, it's certainly no Swiss Alps. I will, at least, enjoy my brief reprieve from sooty eye crispies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home