Thursday, November 16, 2006

I swear I haven't been diagnosed with any sort of anxiety disorder yet

I am back from Geneva and a short trip to Oxford, and while I will post about these very soon, I'd like to note my latest crisis: Britain apparently loves its aerosol deodorant. I, like many Americans, am more of a solid stick kind of girl. My body chemistry being as mercurial as it is, I'd rather stick (heh) to something it's familiar with. I found one stick in the whole Superdrug, and none in Boots. I'm not out yet but it would be nice not to have to run walk slowly and sweatlessly to the drugstore with my arms pinned to my sides once I do run out.

And I had been wondering about the side note from my handbook that said "You will be able to find most American toiletries here, aside from deodorant." What did that mean? Did they not wear deodorant? Was it just that the brands were different? Nobody smelled when I got here so I figured it wasn't a big deal. But it is! I'll scour every chemist from here to Surrey if it means I shall find a fresh stick of Dove Invisible Solid in "original clean."

1 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, i followed your sig from glitter. um, i'm sure you are gonna be able to find stick deo 'cause i use it & i'm british & have no recollection of any troubles tracking it down. unless those roller ball styles don't do if for you either? what a dilemma.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home