Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I will check for my first gray hairs tonight

I'm nearly done packing and by some miracle, I've managed to deposit my life into two 29-inch suitcases, weighing less than 50 lbs each. This afternoon was mostly spent hauling luggage on and off the bathroom scale and muttering expletives at the readout. My carry-on, as it stands, can only be 13 lbs, which is remarkably little when a girl refuses to part with her most prized possessions (laptop, camera, teddy, etc). It has come down to having to wear my extra sweatshirt because its addition to my bag will put me over the weight limit. Apparently nothing is sacred, least of all snuggly sweatshirts to sleep in on the plane. This may all be for nothing; they may not even bother to weigh my carry-on, in which case I will probably have to kill someone because I SPENT PRECIOUS HOURS OF MY LIFE FRETTING ABOUT YOUR STUPID WEIGHT LIMIT AND IF YOU HAD WEIGHED MY BAG, YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN THAT IT IS PRECISELY 12.9 POUNDS BECAUSE I HAD TO TAKE OUT MY SPARE UNDERPANTS WHICH WEIGHED .2 POUNDS AND NOW IF YOU LOSE MY LUGGAGE YOU HAD BETTER BUY ME SOME NEW SPARE UNDERPANTS.

The next time you hear from me, I will have touched down in the motherland. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home