Saturday, August 12, 2006

Reasons I am going to London

1. Cute boys with cute accents

2. I conveniently have a handle on all the national languages

3. To develop a sense of style by osmosis

4. To explore the British countryside, pretending I am a country vet in the 1930s, without the inconvenience of having to violate cows with bowel problems on wintry nights

5. To meet the following people: any member of the royal family, Ewan McGregor, Paul McCartney, any man who has played the role of Mr. Darcy

6. Learning stuff, I guess (that's what I tell my university)

7. To unwittingly suspend my accent between Bostonian and British so that Brits still know I am American, but my family will think I am just being pretentious and inform me that they have had quite enough with the affected accent, thank you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home