Saturday, September 09, 2006

I probably shouldn't be left home alone for any great length of time

As I allotted myself two weeks off of work to "pack" (read: mope around the house like the filthy layabout that I am), I have engaged in a week of doing absolutely nothing but lamenting the new time slot for Ellen and getting to the point where the further existence of the carpets in their current state of dog-hairiness would probably cause me to commit suicide, so needless to say I spent some time vacuuming this afternoon, in between daytime TV shows. Fortunately for my mental health I have an unusually eventful weekend, meaning I have plans with two separate people on two separate days. Can I handle such unmitigated socialization?

As further evidence of my direct descendence from Susie Homemaker, this is what I've been doing while the Cosby Show isn't on. Assuming I finish the second, it will be the first knitting project I've had the patience to complete, because, even as a beginning knitter, there's only so much stockinette stitch scarf one can knit. Plus the thought of fuschia hobo gloves gives me visions of crisp fall afternoons strolling through Regent's Park with hot cocoa and a scarf, so there is some motivation to finish them. I think I burnt myself out in high school because now food must enter the picture in order for me to do anything remotely productive. Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home